How To Create A Home Office In A Small Apartment In Carmel
Remote work is the new normal for many employees, no matter if you occupy a multi-bedroom house or a one-bedroom apartment. If you find yourself in the latter, you won’t experience the advantage of an additional bedroom to claim as your home office, but you are still able to create a suitable work area. Check out these easy suggestions and see how to make a home office in a small apartment in Carmel.
Small Apartment Home Office Ideas In Carmel
- Select a suitable desk. Selecting a properly sized desk to match your space is essential. If you’re using a laptop, your desk only has to be around 20 inches deep. The surface is ideally about 28 inches off the floor and can be any width that makes sense for your space. Be sure you have area for an additional monitor. You'll be thankful you have one when you have PDFs up, a web meeting going, and a bunch of other windows open. Really short on space? Consider a two-tier folding desk you can hide away when you’re not using.
- Where could your desk go? If you can put your desk into a corner, great! But you might need to get more inventive when positioning. A slim desk might be situated right behind a couch. You might incorporate a small area rug and lamp to designate the location as your office. An unused wall on one side of a room will also work nicely. Put up some art or integrate a plant or two so you aren’t staring at an unadorned wall for hours at a time.
- Let your desk serve a dual role. If you’re short on space, employ your desk for more than one function. Move it adjacent to your bed and use it as a nightstand. Or forgo a desk completely and work at your dining room table or kitchen bar.
- Use floating shelves. These home office space savers work perfectly when your desk is next to a wall. You’ll have more area for decor or supplies and can easily coordinate shelving into your room’s particular layout.
Want A Change Of Pace? Try Your Apartment’s Clubhouse Or A Standing Desk
Interested in another option in your own living quarters? Implement a small standing desk to change your perspective and improve focus. An affordable foldable laptop stand may help get your computer at the right height.
Here are some additional space-saving things you can implement in your small apartment home office in Carmel:
- Hanging folders
- Small printer stand that works nicely under your desk
- Small storage containers that fasten to the your monitor’s lower edge
- Noise-reducing headphones for loud roommates and children
Create Your Home Office In Your New Apartment At North Haven Apartments
Your home office will look marvelous in your new apartment at North Haven Apartments. We have various floor plans to accommodate your needs for living and working. Arrange a tour of our Carmel property or reach out to us at 317-350-1875 if you need more information.