How To Embrace Green Apartment Living In Carmel
Making a contribution for the environment need not be a large effort. Even when you live in an apartment, there are many actions you can do to help protect our planet for the next generation. Basic chores like selecting sustainable items and conserving water can make an impact over time. If you're ready to embrace sustainable apartment living in Carmel, here are some basic suggestions to get you started.
Swap Your Single-Use Products With Durable Items
Avoid one-time plastic water bottles and paper towels for cleaning. Try reusable items in your routine. Here are a few simple swaps to try.
- Water bottles: When utilizing amenities like an exercise room wouldn't it be better to take a sturdy reusable flask rather than a weak disposable bottle? Avoid sending plastic to garbage dumps by using a water bottle you can replenish.
- Kitchen dish towels and microfiber cleaners: End your reliance on paper towels and instead, use reusable dish towels or microfiber cloths to clean up counters, cooktops, and other stained surfaces.
- Refillable soap dispensers: Why toss your pre-filled soap dispenser in the garbage when it's gone? Rather, use a long-lasting refillable soap dispenser. You'll get them in a range of patterns to complement your design aesthetic.
- Silicone bags and straws: Washable and reusable, you can uncover a spectrum of silicone-based products like produce storage containers, drinking straws, and even totes you can bring to school or your job.
Go one step further and uncover products like soap dispensers and water bottles made with recycled materials. This not only helps reduce waste but also promotes a more sustainable future.
Look To Preserving Water And Energy For A Sustainable Apartment In Carmel
Have you ever neglected to turn off the water while you’re cleaning your teeth or doing the dishes? You are not the only one to do this. Staying conscious of water usage is an outstanding plan for a eco-friendly home in Carmel. Along the same lines, be sure to turn the light off when exiting and shut off your computer.
Some additional tips for conserving energy:
- Examine your light bulbs and consider switching to light-emitting diode choices.
- Limit hot water usage by cutting down on steamy showers and washing your clothes in cold water instead.
- Stay away from running your HVAC system at maximum power. Open windows when you can in the summertime and keep cozy blankets and sweaters accessible in the colder months.
Maximize your recycling efforts in Carmel
Even if you adopt the habit of using a refillable water bottle, you may still encounter an occasional plastic one in your Carmel residence. Make sure to recycle it. Be sure to recycle everything you can, including empty toilet paper rolls, wine corks, and those cardboard boxes that arrive at your doorstep. Discover if your residential area has recyclable containers. If not, you can find them in the surrounding area, on your local school’s campus, or even through your workplace.
Go green at your brand-new Carmel apartment.
If you're looking for a new location to put into action your green apartment living ideas, explore the amazing options at North Haven Apartments. Our Carmel apartments will improve your lifestyle as you do your part for the planet. You'll appreciate the spacious units, outstanding amenities, and helpful staff. Plan a tour or simply call 317-350-1875 to speak with a member of our team.