Whether it’s time for spring cleaning or your Carmel apartment really looks grimy, a thorough cleaning will get it neat and tidy again. It can be easy to get frustrated when taking on more than you should at once. To make cleaning your apartment less of a challenge, we’ve devised an apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel tenants.
Your Carmel Apartment Cleaning Checklist For All Spaces
Do these chores in every room of your apartment before tackling individual rooms to save time. Use this apartment cleaning checklist for Carmel to track your progress.
- Throw away clutter.
- Use an extendable duster for ceiling corners.
- Dust door frames and tops of doors.
- Wipe down all interior walls and baseboards.
- Wash windows with a soft cloth and glass cleaner.
- Dust or launder window coverings.
- Use disinfecting wipes for doorknobs and high-touch areas.
- Vacuum or mop floors and treat any stains or blemishes.
- Before you put away your duster, get the blades and the light fixture of all ceiling fans.
- Haul trash to the dumpster.
Cleaning Checklist For The Living Room
Regardless of whether you prefer hosting get-togethers or unwinding in your space by yourself, keep your living room orderly and accommodating with a regular cleaning.
- Vacuum and spot-clean furniture. Use a vacuum attachment to remove hair if you have pets.
- Dust all places where dust settles like table tops and entertainment centers.
- Use a microfiber cloth to dust electronics.
- Polish wood furniture.
- Wipe down and sanitize all remotes.
- Be sure that essential items like remotes are situated in an easy-to-find area.
Cleaning Checklist for the Dining Room
The multitude of unsightly spots in the dining room are from food. When dealing with dried food clinging to the floor or table, position a warm, damp rag over it for a few moments to loosen it up.
- Brush loose crumbs from tabletops and seats and spot-clean sticky spots.
- Clean chair legs and backs.
- Polish a wood table or make use of a glass cleaner on glass surfaces.
- Go with a soft duster to address open shelving with breakables or dishes.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Apartment Kitchen
Kitchens usually are messy and sticky from your nightly dinner routine. You might use standard cleaning products to deal with those greasy stains, but a few all-natural materials are great choices as well.
- Give the cabinets a wipe with a cloth dampened with soapy water and follow with a another clean cloth].
- Wipe down kitchen counters with the right cleaning solution for the counter material or you can treat with white vinegar.
- Wash out sinks with a paste of water and baking soda. Some baking soda down the disposal will help deodorize it. Rinse it with water after it’s had time to work for 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the dishwasher with a bowl of vinegar inside. Wipe out inside and out with a wet cloth.
- Boil a cup of water in the microwave to let the steam loosen up burned-on food debris. Remove any mess with your choice of damp cloth or sponge.
- Wash stove drip pans in a sink. Spray the stovetop and oven door with a store-bought cleaning solution or an equal mixture of household vinegar and water and remove remaining stains and food debris.
- Follow your oven’s self-cleaning instructions or simply use baking soda and water to scrub it out.
- Employ a food-safe cleaning product or vinegar and water to wipe off the the fridge shelves and interior; follow with a damp cloth. After that’s complete, roll the fridge forward and use a broom to sweep the floor.
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bathroom
If you despise bathroom cleaning, take on these simple jobs once a day to prevent your bathroom from becoming too dirty.
- Clean mirrors with an appropriate cleaning product and a clean rag.
- Wipe down all surfaces with the right product for your material or use a water and vinegar mix on a clean rag.
- Wipe down cabinetry with a mild liquid soap followed a damp cloth.
- Scrub the toilet bowl.
- Clean off your toilet exterior with a disinfecting product or vinegar mix.
- Tackle the tub and shower with your preferred cleaner or vinegar-water mix.
Bedroom Cleaning Checklist for Carmel
You’ll get better sleep in a clean bedroom!
- Straighten up or readjust your closet.
- Use a dust rag or feather duster on flat surfaces, lamps, and knick-knacks.
- Routinely wash the bed sheets and comforter if needed.
- Collect any errant dirty clothes and put them in the hamper or laundry basket.
- Use a broom to dust below the bed.
Choose Your New Home At North Haven Apartments
A dirt-free place to live is great, but there are times when you would be better off with a new apartment entirely. Check out the roomy, well-appointed apartments at North Haven. Reach out to our leasing specialists at 317-350-1875 or request a tour to learn more.