You have a lot to consider when moving to a new apartment home in Carmel. Following a smartly prepared list makes everything go more smoothly. It is critical in helping you document all the necessary steps, manage your time, and feel more in control. To help make your ensuing relocation less of a burden, we’ve put together these important details for your apartment moving checklist in Carmel.
8 Weeks Before Moving: Start Preparing
Don’t be a procrastinator! Your moving day will be less stressful the more in advance you begin preparing.
- Make an actual list. Use these ideas to start your Carmel apartment moving checklist and add more things to it whenever you think of something.
- Notify your current leasing office. The majority of contracts require a written notice signed two months before moving out.
- Check your responsibilities for moving out, like cleaning and scheduling a walk-through. Incorporate these items into your checklist.
6 Weeks Before Your Move: Plan Your Moving Day
This is the week to plan the day of your move and arrange the help you need.
- Finalize move-in plans with your new apartment property in Carmel. Verify your move-in date, make sure you understand the steps you need to take, and submit any documents that still need to be signed.
- Hire a team of professionals or secure a van or truck. Get reservations done at this time so that you get the date you want.
- Arrange childcare or a pet sitter for moving day to help keep your little ones and furry friends out of harm’s way.
2-4 Weeks Prior To Moving: Get Packed
Having your things boxed up well in advance will keep things more manageable later. Assign your belongings into one of the following groups: retain, donate, or throw away.
- Gather boxes and moving supplies.
- Box up non-essential items and eliminating unwanted items. Always remember to label boxes!
- Fix any problems you are responsible for in your old apartment to have your full deposit returned.
- Update your renter’s insurance to reflect your new place.
- Complete a form to change your address and arrange for your mail to be forwarded by the post office.
- Schedule the shifting of your utility services or start new billing arrangements for Internet, cable, electric.
- Inform services and subscriptions of your new address.
- Find where the most convenient dining, shopping, healthcare facilities, and entertainment options are in your new neighborhood.
1 Week Before Moving Day: Finalize Plans
The home stretch is sure to be a little hectic but thrilling as you make your final preparations.
- Verify the agreement you have with professional movers or rental truck suppliers and make sure they have addresses and directions when your day arrives.
- Finish packing. Set aside a small piece of luggage for the initial nights in your new apartment, and determine a safe way to pack precious items or personal effects like passports to keep with you.
- Clean your previous apartment while you pack your last things. .
- Get the keys and do a walk-through of your new apartment. List and follow-up on any visible maintenance problems.
- Get an idea where your couches, tables, and other large pieces will fit in your brand new floor plan.
Your Day Has Arrived: Move!
Your day has arrived! There will be a lot going on, so you should have your Carmel apartment moving checklist at hand to keep yourself organized.
- Drop off pets or kids with caregivers for the day.
- Work with the team of professionals as they load and unload the truck. Tip the movers and submit the last payment.
- Do the last walk around of your prior place.
- Ensure you have utilities up and running along with fully functional smoke alarms.
- Arrange the basic necessities at your new place, like beds, toilet paper, and snacks.
Include a Visit Of North Haven Apartments To Your Apartment Moving Checklist For Carmel
You have to find a new apartment before you start planning your move. Have you seen North Haven Apartments? Our friendly leasing professionals are ready to give you an in-person or video tour of our wonderful property and assist you in finding the perfect floor plan for you. Add a guided tour to your list of things to do and call 317-350-1875 or schedule a tour today to discover your new home.